Richard Gwyn Museum
The Richard Gwyn Museum honors Elkin's founder, Richard Gwyn, and is located in the building he built in 1850 to serve as Elkin's first school/church, thus eliminating the need for residents to cross the river to Jonesville for such activities. It is the oldest remaining building in Surry County to have been used as either a church or school.
Items on display include farm tools, domestic artifacts, textiles, weaving loom, photographs and documents. The museum is conveniently located beside the Foothills Arts Center.
129 Church Street,
Elkin, NC 28621